Friday, September 10, 2010

employment whine

I just got a new job after 5 years of doing something that was getting really boring, irritating, frustrating, and just plain OLD.

I get paid more per hour at my new job (like close to $4 more an hour) but I work fewer hours (but I have a regular schedule).

The thing is that I was informed on my first day that My day is actually even shorter by an eighth. So my paycheck will be even smaller. I will be able to survive, but it'll be even tighter than I had planned. Sucks to be me. Yeah, feel sorry for me.

The However with a capital H: with this job, I have the potential to substitute for other people. And I got a last-minute substitution today. So I made up in one day what I was going to be shorted this week. And I already have a sub job for next week too. So that takes care of next week.

But then what about the weeks after that?

Still sucks to be me.

(not really) (I like my new job)

No comments:

Post a Comment